- Philadelphia Phillies Sign Roberto HernandezPosted 4 hours ago
- Edinson Volquez Signs One-Year Deal With PiratesPosted 24 hours ago
- MLB To Ban Home Plate CollisionsPosted 1 day ago
- New York Mets Sign Bartolo ColonPosted 1 day ago
- Seattle Mariners Sign Corey HartPosted 1 day ago
- Michael Carter-Williams to not play tonight vs. Minnesota TimberwolvesPosted 1 day ago
- Los Angeles Angels Send Mark Trumbo to the Arizona Diamondbacks in Three-Team TradePosted 2 days ago
- The Terrific Ten after Week 14Posted 2 days ago
- Chicago Bears vs. Philadelphia Eagles Week 16 game flexed to SNFPosted 2 days ago
- Top Five Greatest Moments Of Roy Halladay’s CareerPosted 3 days ago
2013-14 Boston Celtics Season Preview
- Updated: October 6, 2013
The Boston Celtics finished with a 41-40 record last year. On the night of the 2013 NBA Draft, the Celtics were involved in a blockbuster trade:
- Gerald Wallace
- Kris Humphries
- Kris Joseph
- MarShon Brooks
- Keith Bogans
- 2014 First Round Draft Pick
- 2016 First Round Draft Pick
- 2018 First Round Draft Pick
- Kevin Garnett
- Paul Pierce
- D.J. White
- Jason Terry
This was a huge trade, definitely one of the biggest trades I’ve ever seen. Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are veterans in this league, and I honestly thought that they would finish their careers in Boston. This trade made it obvious that the Celtics are starting a rebuilding process, and that they’re going to be in on the tank-for-Wiggins sweepstakes.
Celtics 2013-14 MVP Prediction: Rajon Rondo: Rajon Rondo is a 6 foot 1 point guard out of the University of Kentucky. Last year, he averaged 13.7 points, 11.1 assists, and 5.6 rebounds per game. He is a point guard, and he averaged 5.6 rebounds per game. That’s almost unheard of in the NBA. He is insanely good. That is exactly why I think that he will be the Celtics’ MVP this season.
3 Players That Celtics Fans Need To Look Out For:
- Kelly Olynyk: Kelly Olynyk is a 7 foot tall power forward out of the University of Gonzaga. He was a very dominant player in college, and I think that that will translate to the NBA. I really think that he is going to be a very good player in his rookie season, because Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce are gone. They were two great rebounders for the Celtics, and they’re gone now, so somebody has to step up and start rebounding. I think that Kelly Olynyk will be that guy.
- Rajon Rondo: Rondo is a very good point guard for the Celtics. He has had to battle a lot of injuries recently, and that’s why the Celtics’ fans need to look out for him. He needs to stay healthy for them if he is going to be effective, obviously.
- Jared Sullinger: Jared Sullinger is a 6 foot 9 power forward, out of “the”, Ohio State University. This season will be his second season in the NBA, and I think that he will take the league by storm. I think that he will be an all-star this year. I see a ton of potential when I look at him, and I think that this year he will be great.
2013-14 Celtics Season Preview: 33-49: This Celtics team isn’t very good, obviously. They traded two of their best players over the offseason, so they seem to be a team that is in the tank-for-Wiggins sweepstakes. I had them winning 33 games, because they do have guys like Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley, who are very good. They are good enough to carry a team to 33 wins, but no more than that, in my opinion.