- Philadelphia Soul keep playoff hopes alive with a 42-20 victoryPosted 3 days ago
- Philadelphia Phillies showing no inclination to trade Cole HamelsPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Dodgers to pursue Phillies closer Jonathan PapelbonPosted 7 days ago
- Trade winds swirling around “Yappelbon”Posted 10 days ago
- After 4 years, LeBron returns to Cleveland with all the right answersPosted 12 days ago
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 1 NotebookPosted 14 days ago
- The Olympics to Boston? Please, no.Posted 16 days ago
- Report: Knicks, Sixers talking Amar’e Stoudamire tradePosted 16 days ago
- Report: Lakers are serious contenders for Carmelo AnthonyPosted 18 days ago
- MLS’ Impact on The World CupPosted 23 days ago
2013-14 Detroit Pistons Season Preview
- Updated: October 26, 2013
[Image Credit To The Associated Press]
Last year, the Detroit Pistons finished the season with a 29-53 record. That’s not good, obviously. They were rather active over the offseason though; they signed Josh Smith, and traded for Brandon Jennings. Those guys are very talented players, and I think that the Pistons are set up for a good season this year.
2013-14 Pistons MVP Prediction: Brandon Jennings: Brandon Jennings is a 24 year old point guard for the Detroit Pistons. Last year, he averaged 17.5 points, 6.5 assists, and 3.1 rebounds per game with the Milwaukee Bucks. That’s very good. He is a tremendous shooter, and he also has the ability to set other players up for shots. I loved the move to bring Jennings to Detroit, and I think that it will end up going well for the Pistons.
A Player That Pistons Fans Need To Look Out For This Season: Josh Smith: Josh Smith is a 27 year old power forward for the Pistons. Last year with the Hawks, Smith averaged 17.5 points, 4.2 assists, and 8.4 rebounds per game. That’s great. He is one of the best power forwards in the game. I think that the signing of Josh Smith was a great signing by the Pistons. I feel like he is the piece that will put the Pistons in the playoffs. I think that his performance this year will be a deciding factor in whether or not the Pistons go to the playoffs or not, and that is why Pistons fans need to look out for him this season.
Pistons 2013-14 Season Prediction: 43-39: This Pistons team is filled with young talent. They have Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond, Brandon Jennings, Josh Smith, and Tayshaun Prince. That’s a solid team right there. That is why I think they will have a good season this year.